To apply for this position, please email your current resume with a cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, August 31, 2018.
Summary of Position
The Tech Manager is responsible for managing, maintaining, and supporting the various technologies used by Higher Things, as determined by the Media Executive. This is a part-time (estimated 5–10 hours per week) position.
- Manage and maintain Higher Things’ website technology.
- Upload Higher Things’ Reflections to the Higher Things’ website.
- Post Magazine content to the Higher Things’ website.
- Maintain and register Higher Things’ domains.
- Manage general support emails to webmaster@ and email@example.com through HelpScout.
- Assist in creating and sending MailChimp campaigns.
- Maintain and manage organizational email system through Google Apps Domain and support as needed.
- Administrate access to the various Higher Things’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
3rd Party Applications
(List of applications/services is on page 2 of the job description.)
- Offer general support for the various applications/services Higher Things uses to accomplish its mission.
- Manage access to these applications/services.
- Provide on-site technical support at Higher Things Conferences.
- Assist in developing the board-approved Technology Budget.
- Attend Higher Things’ summit meetings as able/needed.
- Member in good standing of a congregation belonging to The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
- Expert with the content management system WordPress.
- Broad-based knowledge of software solutions.
- Ability to learn knew hardware/software quickly.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Team-player and self-starter.
- Strong work ethic with ownership and pride in results.
- Result-driven and result-oriented.
- U.S. Citizen, this is not an H-1B eligible position.
- Clean criminal record.