The Church joyfully continues to sing Reformation hymns that deliver, preach, and praise Jesus, our only and true Savior.
Higher Things dares our youth to be Lutheran. We deliver to them “the faith once delivered to the saints” (Jude 3). At our Conferences, we not only preach and teach it, we also sing it! Since 2017 is the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther posting the 95 Theses, this year’s album dares you to sing along with hymns by Luther and other Lutheran Reformers, Pastors, and poets.
You’ll sing along with Lutheran youth and young adults from around the country from one of our conference locations, as they receive God’s Word, praise God, Father, Son and Holy Spirt, and sing the Christian faith to each other.
Featuring the following hymns:
- Built on the Rock (LSB 645) – Seward, NE – Te Deum 2015, Intro and Setting: Paul Soulek
- Christ Jesus Lay in Death’s Strong Bands (LSB 458) – Cedar Falls, IA – Bread of Life 2016, Setting: Kevin Hildebrand, © 2005 Concordia Publishing House (97-7111)
- Lord Help Us Ever to Retain (LSB 865) – Grand Rapids, MI – Te Deum 2015, Intro and Setting: Chris Loemker
- Dear Christians, One and All, Rejoice (LSB 556) – Grand Rapids, MI – Sola 2009, Intro and Stanza 2: © 2003 Concordia Publishing House, Sonus Novus, vol. 3 Chris Loemker (97-7044), Remaining Stanzas: Chris Loemker
- From Depths of Woe I Cry to Thee (LSB 607) – Grand Rapids, MI – Sola 2009, Intro and Setting: Chris Loemker
- Lord Keep Us Steadfast in Your Word (LSB 655) – Seward, NE – Te Deum 2015, Intro and Setting: Paul Soulek
- May God Bestow on Us His Grace (LSB 823) – Grand Rapids, MI – Sola 2009, Intro and Setting: Chris Loemker
- Salvation unto Us Has Come (LSB 555) – Grand Rapids, MI – Sola 2009, Intro and Setting: Chris Loemker
- Lord, Thee I Love with All My Heart (LSB 708) – Cedar Falls, IA – Bread of Life 2016, Intro: Zach Stegman; Setting: Christopher Loemker
- A Mighty Fortress Is Our God (LSB 656) – Grand Rapids, MI – Te Deum 2015, Intro and Setting: Chris Loemker
Album produced by Higher Things Inc. Album art by Kathryn Strauch. Recorded live by Christopher Gillespie (dizzysound.net) except tracks 4,5,7,8.